The information provided on this website is of a general nature. We accept no responsibility or liability for any incorrect or misrepresented information presented on this website. We also accept no responsibility for your use and/or misuse of the information provided on this website.
We will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from your use and/or misuse of this website, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages.
We strongly recommend that you seek independent professional advice before making any changes based on the information provided on this website.
You must not do anything to modify or alter the information contained on this website.
The information contained within this website is provided for your personal use and may not be distributed or otherwise used for any commercial purposes.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with use of the website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from the website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
Terms and conditions of entry for any promotions or competitions on the website will appear with that competition/promotion and you should read those in conjunction with these general terms.
The History Channel trade marks used or referred to in this website are trade marks licensed to FOXTEL Management Pty Limited by A&E Television Networks. Company names mentioned in the website may be the trade marks of other people or entities.
You must not use any History Channel trade marks in any way, involving but not limited to:
- In or as the whole or part of your own trade marks;
- In connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- In a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- In a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including the website)
Contributions to the Site
Further to the above clause, by submitting your contribution to the Site, you:
Warrant that your contribution;
- is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to The History Channel for all the purposes specified above;
- is not defamatory; and
- does not infringe any law; and
Indemnify The History Channel against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by History as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
Waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
The Community Rules
You agree to use the Message Boards in accordance with the following Community Rules:
Member Names will be failed if they
- Contain website or email addresses
- Contain contact information i.e. phone numbers, postcodes etc
- Appear to impersonate someone else
- Contain swear words or are otherwise objectionable
The History Channel reserves the right to fail messages which
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court.
- Advertise products or services for profit or gain
- Are seen to impersonate someone else
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
- Are written in anything other than English
- Contain links to other websites which break our Editorial Guidelines
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Are considered to be ‘spam’, that is posts containing the same, or similar, message posted multiple times
- Are considered to be off-topic for the particular message board
The History Channel welcomes feedback, both positive and negative, about its programmes and services but please make sure your comments are in line with the above Community Rules. Repeatedly posting personal or offensive comments about individual members of the public or people who work for The History Channel may be considered harassment. We reserve the right to remove such messages and take action against those responsible.
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the community or annoying other users you may have action taken against your accounts.
Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this action may be taken against your account.
Safety: We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, inform the host of the relevant Community area using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
About the law
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in the Site Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- You agree to only submit materials which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
- The views expressed in the Site Community areas are those of members of the public and are not necessarily those of The History Channel.
If you are under 16
- Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any the Site discussion.
- Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, telephone number, home address or email address).
If you breach these Terms and Conditions
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules when taking part in the Site Community service, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has been failed or edited. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include your relevant account or accounts being placed into pre-moderation or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the Site Community areas.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the Site Communities or otherwise engage in any disruptive behavior on the Site, and The History Channel considers such behavior to be serious and/or repeated, The History Channel may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s).
The History Channel reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.